Friday, January 1, 2010

My Blog

Hello! Well, I've decided to jump on the blog bandwagon! We'll see how this goes.

I am a 29 year old (at least until February!) stay at home mom. I have two beautiful girls, Anna and Abigail. My husband, Jerry, is a health and physical education teacher at a middle school. We have been married for a little over six years. I enjoy being married to my best friend. Being a mom, sometimes not so enjoyable, is my calling at this stage in my life and I give it my all.

The title of my blog is "journey to JOY". I've decided that every day in 2010 I am going to find the JOY in that day. Staying at home is a struggle whether it be financially, emotionally, physically, etc. and it is sometimes hard to find the JOY.

2009 was a very draining year on myself individually and my family. Now, I know that people out there have it worse and all that. But, as far as OUR life goes it was trying. I found myself always looking at the negative aspects because it seemed there was more of them than positive.
Most times it is easier to focus on that then anything else. It doesn't help that our youngest daughter has not slept through the night since the day she was born. Sleep deprivation really takes a toll on your body physically and can leave you feeling very temperamental and oversensitive.
Towards the end of the year I felt myself becoming more and more cynical. Let's just say the events of the last day of the year summed up how the year went for us. I am more than happy to be rid of 2009!

Moving forward; New Year, New Attitude! The past is now in the past and we have the future and what it holds to look forward to. I try not to get too excited for a new year because most have not been very different than the year before it (yes, that's the cynic in me). But, on my new "journey" I am determined to find the JOY in everything!

Stay tuned....

5 comments:

  1. Positive comments welcome, advice not necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is definitely a journey, enjoy everyday of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant wait to hear more along the path!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really i can give advice on here? Good for you Carrie. I am happy to be next to you on your Journey to JOY> rock it out Sister. I think it may be the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on your blog. Good luck with your journey. Maybe I can walk that Journey with you sometime:) I wish you the best for this new year!

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments welcome, advice not necessary.