Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 4

Monday was bittersweet. Bitter in the fact that our break was over and Jer was off to work and Anna back to Kindergarten. Sweet in the fact that Jer was off to work and Anna back to Kindergarten! It's nice to take a break from the normal routine of life but I believe kids as well as parents do need that routine.
It is always tough though to get back into it! Let's just say my beautiful Kindergartener is gonna have a long week ahead of her. She went into school just fine but came home a complete disaster! I totally predicted it and was mentally prepared for all the meltdowns. And there were a few!
But nothing over the top. Whew!
It was weird for me on the walk to school in the morning. I had gotten (finally!) used to Anna being gone but I must admit I really enjoy having her home. Dropping her off totally felt like the first day of school and me having to let my little girl go again.
I did feel JOY though when she walked in happy and not crying! I also felt JOY when I accomplished all the things on my to-do list!
We spent the evening with family and that is always JOY (well, almost always!).
Even more JOY in the fact that I did not have to cook dinner or clean up after it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments welcome, advice not necessary.