Monday, January 4, 2010

January 3



Still on cloud nine after my date night I went to bed all set to have a great Sunday with my family. Well, let's just say the night of sleep I intended on getting didn't happen quite as planned.



We went to bed around ten, at about midnight Anna came in because of a bad dream. I calmed her down and sent her back to her bed. At one she came back with blanket and pillow and laid down on the floor. I decided she shouldn't be sleeping on the floor on such a cold night so, into my bed she went and into her bed I went. At about three Abigail wakes up crying but eventually falls back to sleep. Then around five my darling husband comes in Anna's room to climb into her bed (apparently she was kicking him and he thought I was still in our bed) and of course sits right on me. He heads back to bed where he immediately falls asleep and I'm left to toss and turn over the next two hours. FABULOUS!



At this point I know it's going to be a long day. Of course I should be used to all this "action". This describes most nights in our house. Not so much the whole musical beds but Anna coming in because of nightmares and Abigail crying. I crawl out of bed and I am thinking nothing but COFFEE! We eat our breakfast and talk about the days plans.



The morning went by fairly quickly and JOY came at about 12:30 when Abigail laid down for a nap. Into my bed I dove! Nothing like a Sunday afternoon nap. Aren't they the best?



JOY came again in the evening when we went to my girlfriend's house for dinner and football. I was looking forward to this all weekend. I love my friend and her family! Every time I am around them is a good time. Her family makes you feel so welcome and like you are part of them. I think I really enjoy just sitting back and watching them. I have always liked to sit and observe her and her sisters. It's not quite as entertaining as when they were all living in the same house but is still quite amusing. It is so amazing how four girls who grew up with the same parents and under the same roof can all be so very different. You can tell they all love each other and would do anything for one another. How great is that? I'm glad I am also a part of a family who is just like this! I just love when you can go from your own family to another family and just feel at home.



It's wonderful how JOY can come just from something as simple as dinner with your close friends or family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments welcome, advice not necessary.