Friday, January 22, 2010

January 21

Today was a work day. I had a great time with my little friend Peyton. I was reminded today how blessed I am to have a husband who is always with me. My little friends dad has been away on deployment for four months. He comes home in 14 days! We made a chain of links to countdown until his dad is home. He was so cute and just loved talking about his dad.
It's really sad to think how many families are without a mom or dad right now. I feel so greatful to those families who still manage to carry on while their loved ones are out fighting and protecting our freedom. Even more greatful to the ones fighting and protecting us.
Watching Peyton's excitement and hearing that his dad was coming home brought me much, much JOY today. I look forward to next week when we make a craft for him to give his dad. My friend Peyton brings me JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments welcome, advice not necessary.