Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 2

We have all been home together over the past two weeks during Christmas break. We had a great Christmas and enjoyed family, friends and one another's company! I would have to say though by Saturday my husband and I were feeling a tad bit of cabin fever with two kids. We decided we needed to get out!
JOY came when my husband said "Let's call Megan (our sitter) and let's go on a date"! This is why I love him. He knows exactly what I need!
More JOY came when Megan said that she was available!

Being married with kids I totally believe that you need time out from them to regroup. Since parenting is a team effort sometimes the "coaches" have to come together to work out their game plan. We went out for a few hours and just did things WE wanted to do; without the hassle of the "players"! When you take this time for yourself and your spouse it does seem easier to come back and put your head in the game.

Once we were back home and on our "playing field" I felt relaxed and ready to take on the new week. I felt JOY when I sat down and thought of my sleeping beauties and my date and how sometimes the small things, like a few hours out, can really change your perception of the "game".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments welcome, advice not necessary.