Friday, January 8, 2010

January 7

Did you ever have one of those days where you feel like you've been going non-stop since you crawled (yes, crawled!) out of bed? Well, today was one of those days for me.

It was so nice to go back to work today. I really look forward to every Thursday and some days I wish it was more than once a week. Somedays....
I enJOY the break and the change of scenery. JOY was found at work in talking with the other ladies, seeing the kids and just being out of the house!

Abigail and I attacked the food store after her lunch and nap. I kept hearing about a snow storm so figured I better go replenish the milk, our third gallon of the week, and other food items we needed. So glad I did this for the "dusting" of snow. At least it's done and now I don't have to fight the weekend crowds, JOY!

My next JOY was also mixed with pride. Anna has been working hard on learning to read. She is picking it up quite quickly. Her teacher sent home a reading list to go over.
I sat with Anna and she read every word on that list! By the end of the night she didn't hesitate with a single one! It is so exciting to see your child do something so wonderful and to see the JOY it brings her when she knows she just read that and didn't even need help. I am a proud momma!

Dinner tonight was JOY. Wings! I do look forward to our wing nights and our friend has a knack for making the best wings. It may seem silly but, it is one of my favorite JOY's! The night is even more fun when you have a gang to eat them with.
The nightcap was Housewives with my friend. Ending the day with a friend and mindless television is JOY.
As I'm writing this I think most Thursdays bring me JOY. My Thursdays usually start the same and end the same and the middle is usually quite enJOYable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments welcome, advice not necessary.